Monday, March 9, 2009

Lindsey's La-La Land

Why La-La Land? Well, as I tossed and turned all night with the pressures of naming my blog and trying to get this ever changing pregnant belly comfortable, it came to me pretty easily actually. After all, for as long as I can remember I have been caught in, accused of drifting to and snapped out of La-La Land! What a wonderful place, and since this is now MY place to write and reflect, why not make it my La-La Land. Now everyone will have to visit me here in my own little world. Lindsey's La-La Land!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My wonderful and very funny husband , Corey, our loveable-to-a-fault, clumsy lab, June and Chula, the scared of everything, dog only I can love, poo-wawa are what make my life fun and complete. But things, they are a'changing! I am currently 17 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first little one. We are impatiently awaiting the news of boy or girl and watching my belly grow. My favorites so far have been the first heatbeat and first little movements in my tummy. Feeling it move is one of my favorite things these days. I love to sit still and pay attention to every little flutter! Gas or toes, who really knows, but every minute is special!

Chula and June are used to being the centers of attention around this house! I'm not sure if their ready for the competition it's way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had the pleasure of telling our family the pregnancy news over Christmas, and even though I was a mere 7 weeks, who can pass up Christmas with a gift like this!! Corey was my favorite baby news flash. We had eaten breakfast that Saturday morning and I wasn't feeling well, he decided to work in the yard and I decided to *suprise* take a nap. I couldn't shake this icky feeling and thought maybe a little "check" wouldn't hurt. To my suprise, and near fall in the bathroom, we had our first two pink lines! I rushed out the door to Target to pick up a SUPRISE, "your gonna be a Dad" gift, rushed back home with two "I Love Daddy" bibs, one in pink and one in blue. Corey's reaction was classic..."Who? You?" The picture will be one of my favorites forever....

So many exciting things to come! Hopefully my La-La Land will be a way for everyone to follow us along and join all the fun!! Chula wanted to leave you with her scary face until next time!! Don't worry, I keep her away from small children!!

I told everyone it was a face only I could love!!!











6 comments:

  1. Awesome blog, Lindsey! I can't wait to follow this wonderous change in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY!!!! I have been waiting for the day when I can stay up to date with my sister!!! You will love blogging and I will love knowing EVERTHING that is going on!!! EVERYTHING! I know always the nosey sister! I am so excited to find out boy? or girl? You ought to run a poll to see what everybody's guess is~

    love ya!
    Lacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- the Winter girls are ADVANCED compared with their cousins! LOL This is an exciting time for me to get to check on you regularly!

    Love you Lindzey!

    Just in case you run that pole, I'm guessing....



    Not going to say until you run that pole! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read more and find out the sex of the baby! Give me a call sometime, we need to get together. And yes you are correct only a mother can love Chula's SCARY face.

    Love ya girl

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for including me in La-La Land....it feels so familiar somehow! :) Will be glad to hear how things progress for you. Corey's Christmas picture is classic! I would guess a girl for you - your parents need a grandDAUGHTER to shake things up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! I can still keep up (even if I can't go to breakfast with the group!) Are you going to do the "Belly" photos?

    ReplyDelete