Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sick Sweetie

Poor Lilah woke up with this face this morning, and being a new Momma, it wasn't until the afternoon when it dawned on me that my little sweetie MIGHT be sick!!
I called my sister and said, "Hey Lacie, I think Lilah may be sick!"
and she responded, "Well, she probley is, Linds." Wow. We sound very bright don't we?
Took her temp and sure enough, 100.0 on the dot. Poor thing just had to suffer and fuss all morning before her Momma caught the hint!!
In traditional nurses fashion, I stripped the bed and every blanket that she could have possibly touched over the last 48 hours (well, I won't lie, I literally washed EVERYTHING in her room that could possibly wear the flu!!!)
Then off to the Natural Health Clinic we went to see what was ailing my little sweetie. After her little testing session, the conclusion was a lung infection her body was fighting well, but having difficulty getting rid of. Because we attempt supplements and food as healing modes before any pharmaceuticals, we began with a 100% natural herbal dropper used to aid in lung healing.
(If we sound like hippie's.......well maybe we sorta are!!)
I laid Lilah in her vibrating chair that she loves for a nap (so she could sleep upright.) A few minutes later a came in the room and she had pulled the burp cloth up over her face as if she was trying to escape the world!! Poor little thing!!
That night, we let her stay in her swing for her evening nap. She was feeling so rotten!! Her little nose was so loud, we had to turn up the TV ~like the concerned parents that we are! :) ~
With a little extra Momma love......

And some extra attention from Daddy......


We had our sweet Lilah feeling all better in just a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment